What is Kick Cancer?
Kick Cancer is a new campaign from Shanab, a men’s health initiative by Friends of Cancer Patients’ (FOCP) UAE that addresses prostate and testicular cancer by tapping into the emotive force of football as a catalyst to effect positive change and awareness. With a series of activations, including celebrity endorsements from international football players such as Luis Suarez and renowned football duo F2 Freestylers, the #BinChallenge which is a viral activations that allows anyone and everyone from all over the world to be part of this innovative campaign, and school outreach programmes across the UAE, Kick Cancer utilizes the adhesive power of the sport to communicate the positive message “from good football, to football for good.” The campaign will educate the general public on prostate and testicular cancer, encourage regular screening, and raise funds to support the work of FOCP in the UAE.
What is the #BinChallenge?
The #BinChallenge, a part of the #KickCancer2018 campaign is a viral, video challenge open for public participation. It requires participants to kick a ball signifying cancer into a bin in a fun, creative way and then nominate three other people for the challenge. The challenge will gain momentum with the support of local and international footballers including Luis Suárez, F2 Freestylers, Omar Abdulrahman, along with Kris Fade, Anas Bukhash, Hollaphonic, Chris McHardy and more.
Why is this essential?
Our key message is: “1 in 3 males will get cancer in their lifetime. Early detection saves lives, so visit your doctor and get screened today.”
What do we want to achieve?
- Spread awareness and hopefully by doing so, spark discussions and allow men to talk about this more openly
- Encourage men to get checked – early detection saves lives
- Raise funds for cancer warriors
How can I support?
- General public can participate in the #BinChallenge, nominating friends, family and even institutions to join in. The initiative can also be supported by spreading awareness and encouraging men to go for regular screenings.
- General public can donate to FOCP by visiting kickcancer.ae.
- A Black-Tie Gala Dinner and Charity Auction will be held for individuals interested in purchasing valuable sports memorabilia, and other donated items such as special number plates and phone numbers in support of the cause.
- Brands and partners can participate either by value in kind or through financial commitments and marketing communications. For more information, get in touch with email@example.com.