Pink Caravan is a Pan UAE breast cancer initiative that falls under Friends of Cancer Patients’ umbrella “Kashf” for early detection of cancer and aims to raise awareness around breast cancer early detection and screening methods.
Launched in 2011 under the patronage of His Royal Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah and Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, Wife of the Ruler of Sharjah, Founder and Patron of the Friends of Cancer Patients, International Ambassador of the World Cancer Declaration for Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), International Ambassador for Childhood Cancer for UICC and Patron of the First Global NCD Alliance Forum.
The 11 years old initiative has garnered widespread recognition locally, regionally, and internationally, and therefore, has appointed ambassadors from different walks of life to promote and advocate its mission.
Become a vehicle for change by engaging breast cancer related NGO’s to join together and unify the United Arab Emirates breast cancer early detection & screening and patient support efforts.
- Spread awareness about the importance of self-breast examination amongst the UAE community via traditional lectures, one-on-one education engagements, PR, Media, digital and social media platform.
- Dispel myths associated with breast cancer in relation to the UAE community.
- Provide access to clinical-breast examinations, regular mammography testings and further breast cancer screening investigation, for women and men within the UAE community.
- Lobby for the creation of the UAE’s National Cancer Registry.
- Advocate amongst public and private medical bodies to make available and improve the standards of breast cancer screening and treatment within the UAE.
Medical statistics since 2011